Tuesday 21 February 2012

'The One'

As many of my family and friends are aware stationary has always been an (unexplainable) passion of mine. (I used to collect pencils when I was little.) There's just something special about the beautifully neat, colour co-ordinated pen display in Paperchase that I can't quite put my finger on, and the satisfaction of buying (and packing) a brand new pencil case? You must know what I'm talking about. I sincerely miss the annual 'school supplies' shopping trip which would take place the first weekend of every September, and remember distinct pangs of jealousy the first year I had left school and my younger sister (still at school at that stage) came home to show me the number of scented gel pens, heart-shaped post-its, pink glue sticks and other exciting stationary items that she had managed to swindle in with the 'necessities' that my mum had agreed to pay for. 
Annual school supply shopping was soon swapped for annual diary purchasing - a compulsory part of the 'growing up process.' Despite bringing as much exciting anticipation from the offset as school supplies shopping, annual diary shopping for me was always followed by a certain disappointment  when my personal desired requirements (A5, lined, week-to-view) didn't match up with the combinations on offer. 
Which is why I wondered at the beginning of this year, wether I was ready for the next stage in my personal stationary purchasing development. The Filofax. Would I really shell out maybe triple the price of a normal diary, in return for a lifetime of commitment to one Filofax?
 I decided I would, and I was ready - as long as I could find 'The One.' Needless to say my Filofax research trip ended with disappointing results. The Filofaxes were dull and boring, I wouldn't commit to one for a year never mind a potential lifetime. Despite my admiration of Filofax users (connotations of maturity, sophistication and professionalism) maybe a Filofax just wasn't for me.

Or so I thought. Untill I came across this. Alice Temperley's exquisite  Filofax Creation. With a pony skin leather cover, gold frame and zip closure, and a crocodile print leather interior including an iphone holder, this Filofax is definitely 'The One'.



No comments:

Post a Comment